Please use the BugZilla for reporting problems with GIMP. If the problem appears to be
installer-related, select the Installer component when reporting the bug. Don't forget to search first, in case the bug has already been
Note: If you use the Simple bug assistant to report the bug, you need to select the checkbox titled Click here to also show applications not part of the GNOME 2 Desktop to see GIMP.
There are several GIMP-centered mailing lists available. If you need help with GIMP, you should check them out first, since other members of the lists usually have more time to answer specific questions than me.
If you wish to contact me personally, please take the following points in consideration:
- Please ensure that the e-mail address you're writing from actually accepts messages - recently I responded to several people only to get a delivery error back. Also, if your host is using a challenge-based anti-SPAM system, ensure that my address is whitelisted in it - I will not respond to challenges.
- Your problem may have already been dealt with in the Frequently Asked Questions. Please read them before using the BugZilla, or e-mailing me.
- All bug reports should go to BugZilla. This is the best way to ensure the developers don't forget about them.
- Try to avoid HTML messages - my colour scheme uses dark background with light text, and due to bugs in the way several e-mail clients create HTML messages, this means that I get invisible messages.
- Please, only e-mail me about the installer related problems, suggestions and questions. If you need help with GIMP after it has been installed, subscribe to the Gimp-user mailing list and try to get help there.
- Do not bother asking when the next version will be available. This especially applies to development releases - if you're so eager to test them right now, grab the source and compile it yourself.